A good strategy for quick & easy meals is to start with a base from the frozen or refrigerated case with some additions to enhance flavor and freshness and a side salad to add some bulk. See some examples below.
The section of the store where you’ll find each item is included. Grocery means the non refrigerated aisles with all the cans, bottles and boxes in the center of the store.
- gnocchi ala gorgonzola (frozen) with added green peas (produce or frozen) and cherry tomatoes (produce) served with a spinach salad kit (refrigerated)
- black bean & corn enchilada (vegan) (frozen) garnished with avocado (produce) and served with chimichurri rice (vegan) (frozen) and a southwest salad (refrigerated)
- channa masala or palak paneer (frozen or grocery) served with vegetable pakoras (vegan) (frozen), garlic naan (frozen) and mango chutney (vegan) (grocery)
- creamy polenta with spinach & carrots (frozen) served with roasted balsamic vegetables (frozen) and a country Italian salad (refrigerated)
- meatless Italian style sausage & cheese flatbread (frozen) served with a Caesar salad kit (refrigerated) with added cherry tomatoes (produce) and black olives (grocery)
- vegetable fried rice (frozen) with added baked tofu (vegan) (refrigerated) served with stir fried broccoli (produce) and vegetable egg rolls (frozen)